Father's Day is coming, and with it the stress of finding the perfect gift. And then, finding the words to go with it!
We often put pressure on ourselves to make a gift perfect - when in reality, any gift to a parent will be appreciated no matter what words we use. So when customers ask me for my advice in choosing an inscription, the first thing I say is to stop stressing out about it - take off the pressure and keep it simple. If something comes to your head the moment you think of your father, then you've probably already got your answer! But if you're still struggling to find a good message to personalise your chosen gift, read on for a few suggestions!
If you're thinking of buying something like my Personalised Copper Cuff Bracelet, £15 plus shipping, you have a little more room for a longer message. You could personalise the outside or the inside of the cuff, at no extra cost. I advise a message of 1-2 sentences at most to be safe, but will always advise if I feel a message won't fit on the cuff comfortably.
For Your Father
- Thank you for being there for me every day, through the highs and the lows.
- Happy Father's Day to the man who will always be my Knight in Shining Armour, Financial Consultant, Handyman and Biggest Hero <3
- Cheers to the man who survived all my craziest, most stupid moments. Happy Father's Day!
- You are the Best Dad, and my Best Friend. All My Love, ---
My Personalised Bar Keyrings, £12.50 plus shipping, can hold up to four lines of inscription, making them another great choice for longer messages or multiple lines of names or dates.
For a Grandfather
It's becoming far more common to get gifts for your grandparents on Mother's and Father's Day - sometimes we buy them on behalf of our children, sometimes we're buying them for our own Grandparents. Messages can be just as playful or serious as you like! Here's some ideas:
- You've been the best for as long as we can remember.
- Grandpa: The one you turn to when Mum and Dad say "No!"
- A Grandfather is someone with Silver in his hair, and Gold in his heart.
- The only thing better than having you as a Dad is my children having you as their Grandpa
Take the stress away entirely by choosing a simple set of Initial Cuff links in Sterling Silver, £40, free shipping to the UK
For a Stepfather, Foster Father or other Father figure
Families have changed in the last few generations, and the people we look up to as our Dad is not always our biological Father. Messages for Stepfathers, Foster Fathers and other father figures can reflect this difference in the unique relationship you have with them.
- DNA might not make you family, but love does! Happy Father's Day!
- A father is someone you look up to, no matter how tall you grow.
- I never got to choose you. You became my dad. So I'm grateful to my mum, for the great taste she had!
- When I did wrong, you steered me in the right direction. Through all these years you've given me your love unconditionally. Happy Father's Day x
My Guitar Pick Necklace in Sterling Silver, £25 plus shipping, will happily fit a short sentence on each side.
When your relationship is complicated
Let's be frank - sometimes our relationship with family can be complicated, and at times using long messages or details inscriptions may feel insincere. If this is the case, keep it super simple and get something with his initials on - no need to worry about the words to use at all! :)
Inscribe the back of my Sterling Silver Tie Bar, £25 plus shipping, with a short message from you, and the front with his intials for another simple but sweet gift.
I hope this post has given you a little inspiration for gifts you can give this Father's Day. My order book closes on the 10th June so be sure to get your order sent in time for shipping!
As a special offer, you can use the code YAYDAD10 to get 10% off all the products featured in this article - the discount expires on the 10th of June!